The principal objectives of plastering the surfaces are as follows:
1. To provide an even smooth, regular, clean and durable finished surface and, sometimes, to improve appearance also.
2. To preserve and protect the surfaces from atmospheric effects by acting as a protective coating.
3. To conceal the defective workmanship.
4. To cover up the use of inferior quality and porous materials and the joints formed in masonry work.
5. To provide a satisfactory base or ground for decorating the surface by applying white-washing, colour washing, painting or distempering.
6. In case of internal plastering, the basic object is to protect the surfaces against dust and vermin nuisance.
Find More About,
Types of Plasters
Terms used in Plastering
Tools Used for Plastering